April 6, 2016 | Justine Hunter
Quoted from the article:
David Eby, the NDP MLA who last week asked B.C.’s Conflict Of Interest Commissioner to investigate the Premier’s cash-for-access fundraisers, said the changes promised by Ms. Clark will do nothing to shed light on how donations are generated.
“I don’t think the measures will have any impact on her current fundraising strategies, including her private parties,” Mr. Eby said.
The Opposition’s proposed alternative – to ban corporate and union donations and cap individual contributions – would not necessarily require public funding to fill the void, he added.
“That’s certainly an option that is out there, but right now the discussion is about donations from individuals with a strict cap. It would mean less money spent on campaign advertising, and I don’t see the public having a huge problem with that.”