Learn more about the innovative research happening at the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm and our partners, highlighting results and giving you a chance to meet researchers, explore research tools, and join an interactive tour to see research in action.
Join us and enjoy:
- Free UBC Farm tour with guest spots from researchers
- Scavenger hunt and colouring contest for kids
- “Passport to Knowledge” prize draw
- Live music from Route 9 and The William Chernoff Band
- Food and coffee trucks
- More than 30 different local vendors selling produce, fruit, meat, mushrooms, cheese, eggs, baked goods, beverages, sweet treats, alcohol, artisan goods, and more
Event Info: Join Surfrider Vancouver for an educational workshop and discussion led by Regan Courtney, a Vancouver based Nutritionist and Wellness Coach. Learn how to make your own “Chewy Coconut Granola Bars”, your own sugar scrubs and a chemical-free household cleaner and learn about plastic-free alternatives. Tickets are limited. Registration at 6:30 pm.
Event Info: Researchers from SFU and UBC working in the Food Systems Lab are inviting City of Vancouver residents to attend a community food asset mapping and focus group event at SFU Harbour Centre on Wednesday, July 31 at 5:30 pm. Food will be provided.