When you contact our community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Since we’re often out in the community, or helping community members, please make an appointment to make sure we have the time we need to assist you. To book an appointment, call 604-660-1297.
Don’t see what you’re looking for on this page? Check out this list of local resources.
Here’s a list of some of the free services our office offers:
- Promotion – We can help get the word out for your community events through our community partners, newsletter, website and social media.*
- Space for community workshops and meetings – We can host your free workshop or meeting after hours at 2909 West Broadway.
- Recognition – Has someone in our community has made a unique contribution or achieved something great? We will send a congratulatory message and certificate.
- Advocacy – We will work hard to help you solve any problems with provincial government departments, services or ministries.
- Information – Our office can find the right government contact or program. We can help you understand out how program changes will affect you, your family and your community.
- Referral – We know the services available in our community. We also know what grants are available to help fund community building services and projects. Just ask!
- Get connected – Our office offers free fax and phone for government and community-related matters.
*Provincial government rules restrict the type of events we can host and promote, please ask us for details.
Local Community Centres
- Kitsilano Community Centre
2690 Larch St Vancouver, BC V6K 4K9
- Kitsilano Neighborhood House
2425 Vine Street Vancouver, BC
- St. James Community Square
3214 W. 10th Street Vancouver, BC
- West Point Grey Community Centre
4397 West 2nd Ave Vancouver, BC V6R 1K4
- The Old Barn Community Centre
#202 – 5293 Berton Ave Vancouver, BC V6S 0B3
Local Governments and Local Representatives
- University Neighborhoods Association
- University Endowment Lands
- Metro Vancouver (Electoral Area A)
- Metro Vancouver Electoral Area A Director – Justin LeBlanc
- Alma Mater Society (UBC Undergraduate Student Government)
- City of Vancouver
- Federal Member of Parliament – Joyce Murray, M.P.
- BC Human Rights Coalition – Services
- BC Human Rights Tribunal
- People’s Law School
- Legal Aid BC
- UBC Law Student’s Legal Advice program
- Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS) BC
- Access Pro Bono
Housing and Tenant Rights
- Vancouver Rent Bank
- Residential Tenancy Office
- Tenant’s Resource & Advisory Centre (TRAC)
- BC Housing
- Housing Foundation of BC
- Co-op Housing Federation of BC
- Moving within BC | change of address service
- Street Messaging System – Alerts by text for those in need of shelter, food and safety
- Worksafe BC
- Employment Standards Branch
- Applying for BC Employment and assistance
- Social insurance cards
- Fairview Mental Health Team
1212 W Broadway Vancouver, B.C. V6H 3V1
- Three Bridges Community Health Centre
1292 Hornby Street Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 1W2
- Raven Song Community Health Centre
2450 Ontario Street Vancouver, B.C. V5T 4T7
- Khatsahlano Medical Clinic
2685 West Broadway Vancouver BC V6K 2G2
- Current Vancouver emergency wait times
- Medical Services Plan (MSP) information for BC residents
- Positive Living BC
- Vancouver Friends for Life Society
- Kits House Seniors Resource Centre
2425 Vine Street Vancouver, BC
- BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support (BC CEAS)
- BC Senior’s Guide
Child Care Resources
- West 4th Business Improvement Association (BIA)
- West Broadway BIA
- Point Grey Village BIA
- Kitsilano Chamber of Commerce
- Starting a business
- Small Business BC
Homeless and Shelter Resources
- BC Housing – The housing registry application
- Shelter Safe (for women and children)
- Street Messaging Service