Applications coming soon
Applications for the COVID-19 Closure Grant are expected to open in January. Applications will stay open until the end of February.
Businesses will be able to apply if they had to close under the December 22, 2021 Provincial Health Officer orders.
Businesses that receive grant funding may be contacted for information and documentation about their application and how they used the grant funding.
Grants of $1,000 to $10,000 will be available to businesses that have fully closed as a result of the December 22, 2021 Provincial Health Officer orders.
The grant can be used to cover expenses like rent, insurance, employee wages, maintenance and utilities.
Eligible businesses must meet program criteria to receive funding.
As part of the application, businesses need to provide the following:
- Direct deposit information
- A single business validation document, such as a business licence, liquor licence, notice of assessment or lease agreement
To be eligible, businesses must meet the following requirements:
- The business has been in operation and registered in B.C. as of November 1, 2021
- The business had to fully close to comply with the December 22, 2021 Provincial Health Officer orders. Examples of businesses ordered to closed include:
- Bars, nightclubs and lounges that do not serve full meals
- Pilates and yoga studios
- Barre and spin studios
- Gyms offering indoor high or low intensity group exercise classes
- Event venues that can no longer hold events
Grants are fully funded and do not have to be paid back unless the business is not following health orders or the funds are misused. You can use the grant for expenses like:
- Cost of perishable food loss
- Employee wages
- Rent and utilities
The funding amount for each business is based how many B.C. employees or contracted staff they have.
|Number of employees or contracted staff||Amount per business|
|1 to 4||$2,000|
|5 to 99||$5,000|